Monday, December 26, 2011

Yu is to be a Ranger! Oh, my!

So I can hear the gasps of disappointment and anger regarding Cashmans inability to sign any of the front line pitchers, let alone Yu!
Let's get real here, the problem isn't Cashman...you got it! It is the other GMs inability to understand the Yankees are not the Yankees of "The King G" days. We will not (Hal/Cash will not) over spend for players anymore. The days of giving away our best minor league players for one outstanding player with a long contract are over...as Cashman has more and more say in trades...things, they are changing.
Look for more internal players moving up and picking up a few (I hope) international players this year, their are a few out there to be had.
Some of the players I have seen included in trades for a front line pitcher are ridiculous...giving up two/three of our top pitchers/players + other lesser players is the way it use to be done...NO More!
I do see a trade in the works for the Yankees but, I (and no one else) knows who it will be and at what cost. If teams still want our best players...I say, "forget it Cashman"!
I still think we have enough starting pitchers (-AJ) to get the job done in 2012. If AJ can be traded, we can have another AAA pitcher come up and do a Nova in 2012...have faith, some of our pitchers are better then some of us think...please, use your head not your heart when evaluating our players.

No comments: